dac Colt Grower
* For use in young, growing horses' diets where additional supplementation of nutrients may be beneficial
* NASC member
* Made in the USA
* 60 day consumer money back guarantee
* Learn more now – watch the video in 'Other Info' below
Provides a balanced vitamin and mineral profile for young, growing horses. Vitamins and minerals play a critical role in numerous metabolic functions including reproduction; bone development; nerve function; immune function; hoof, skin and coat quality; as well as energy balance. Enhanced with probiotics.
Each scoop contains min 3,970 mg/max 4,540 mg calcium, min 1,700 mg phosphorus, min 19.5 mg copper, min 80 mg zinc, min 80 mg manganese, min 0.21 mg selenium, min 0.68 mg iodine, min 210 mg lysine and vitamins A, D and E.
Directions: Can be fed with fortified or unfortified grains. Fortified grains contain added vitamins and minerals and require a lower feeding rate of this supplement. If fed with unfortified grains – Foals 3-12 months - 2 oz daily; Yearlings up to 2 years - 3 oz daily. Consult an equine nutritionist or dac if feeding with fortified grain. Scoop included.
60 day money back guarantee.
Made in the USA.
What makes dac Colt Grower different?
• Yea Sacc®1026 – a live yeast culture derived from the specific yeast strain Saccharomyces cerevisiae 1026. Yea Sacc®1026 increases fiber, phosphorus and calcium digestibility, and increases gross energy, total lipids and amino acid absorption. Yea Sacc®1026 improves milk availability to foals if administered for 3-4 weeks before and throughout the lactation period.
• Amino Acids – in young horses lysine is considered the first limiting amino acid and is the most important factor affecting growth. Methionine, another essential amino acid, is also important for proper growth and development of muscle tissue in young foals.
• Organic Selenium – selenium is an essential nutrient that plays a critical role in metabolism, healthy growth, reproductive health and immunity. It also acts as a powerful antioxidant to prevent fatty acid oxidation which can cause tissue damage. Research has shown that Sel-Plex®, an organic form of selenium, is more readily absorbed and retained than selenium in inorganic forms. Sel-Plex® is the ONLY organic selenium to be reviewed by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
• Bio-available Trace Minerals, or chelated minerals, are those that have been bonded to two or more amino acids. A mineral in this chelated state allows easy passage through the intestinal wall into the blood resulting in increased metabolism of that mineral. dac Colt Grower utilizes organic minerals to increase availability and enhance absorption rates.
• Probiotics are live microorganisms (including beneficial strains of bacteria) thought to be beneficial to the horse. These natural additives help maintain the correct balance of microflora in the small intestine and cecum to help bypass nutrients be completely digested in the gut.